Are you Feeling Stressed?
Are you feeling stressed? Usually, stress means emotional pressure that is more than you can cope with. Simply put, it all gets too much! Read on to find out some easy ways to beat stress naturally.
Stress can make you feel anxious or tense and can affect your mood. You might be irritable and short-tempered, or feel overwhelmed and unable to function properly. When stress goes on for a long time it can lead to depression and fatigue. You can also experience physical symptoms such as headache or digestive problems or more serious conditions such as high blood pressure.
Do you know how to manage your stress?
Easy to Do Tips to Manage Stress
So, what can you do to manage your stress levels so that they do not become a problem? You really need to prioritise taking time out to relax and build relaxation time into your lifestyle on a regular basis. The more stress you are under the more important relaxation activities are.
Here are 5 great ways to beat stress naturally:
- A walk in nature – make the most of what is near you, so a walk in the park, the beach or your local nature reserve.
- Music – relaxing and uplifting music is very good, but if dancing to punk or rock relaxes you then put that on and dance your socks off.
- Meditation – this can be breathing techniques or mindful visualisation. Some people with busy minds can find meditation difficult and it can make your internal voice louder. If that is the case then try meditation with movement, so think Tai Chi or Qi Gong
- Hobbies such as gardening, knitting, painting, baking, and even colouring.
- Spend time with others. If you cannot meet up in person then make time to catch up on the phone or even a Skype or Zoom call.
Relaxation can be very individual so make time for the things that you enjoy. Pay attention to the things that make you feel calmer and less stressed. Never feel guilty for taking some ‘me’ time and putting your needs first. You and everyone around you benefits from you being happy and relaxed.
So, what if you need a bit of extra help?
Herbs can be a fantastic way to reduce feelings of tension and to help the body and mind deal with stress more effectively.
How can Herbs Help Me?
There are so many herbs to choose from! Where to start? Firstly, it is best to think about the sort of herbal actions that you think will help you best.
- Herbal relaxants are a category of herbs that relax and calm the nervous system. They can be ideal in helping you to unwind and can help with ongoing stress and tension.
- Nervine tonics help support, strengthen, and nourish your nervous system. This is especially useful if you have been feeling stressed for a while.
- The adaptogens have a unique action and support the body’s innate ability to adapt to stress. These amazing herbs are especially useful when you experience severe stress or suffer from fatigue due to long term stress.
- The adrenal tonics support the adrenal gland which produces the cortisol needed in ongoing stress. If stress goes on for too long the adrenals bear the brunt of this and this can be part of the fatigue that occurs from chronic stress. These are best used by trained Medical Herbalists.
In my next blog post we look at some of the individual herbs that you can use to help beat stress naturally.
If You Need More Help
If stress has made you feel anxious, is affecting your mood or is making you feel tired it is time to get professional help. Fatigue has many causes and always needs to evaluated by your GP when it is severe or ongoing. If you are suffering from anxiety or depression please seek help from a medical professional.
Get in touch and book your free 15-minute discovery chat to see how best I can help you here